Friday, December 12, 2008

My definition of artistic identity

They say a man can have several faces
From several traces, of various influences,
That make his identity of relevance
To who he is, to who he aspires to be.
Although we all have different sides,
Assume different faces when in different places,
These sides end up entwined
Into one individual mind.
A unique entity
With endless possibility
Of creative capability
Such as these words of poetry, that surge within you and me
Making us who we be
Branches of the same tree
The definition of artistic identity
.


copyright 2008 Elizabeth 'Eizzy.k' Kamugisha

6 comments:

eizzy.k said...

I know y'all remember this piece! Thought it would be a nice one to start off with...

pinkyandbrain said...

Uhm...Interesting,You Write Pretty Soothingly.Personally,I Just Refuse To Compress My Inner Poetic Resources Rather I Savour Here And There....I Suppose Am The 'Garfield' Of The Literate World.Maybe I'd Send You A Couple Of My Old Poems....I Must Warn You,Am Far From Having A Beautiful Mind.

wobusays said...

did i ever tell u u remind of lil mama. but on the real i think identity is really yo element and i like that yo identity poems express themselves with fresh honesty. this is a theme that touches on the crisis many young people experience. keep it going

eizzy.k said...

@ pinkyandbrain -sure pinky, or even better, do u wanna become a blog contributour? we apreciate any type of poetry, no matter how twisted or dark...what u say?
send me the email addy u use 2 log into blogger and i'll add u... my addy is eizzy.k600@yahoo.com

@ Edgar - Lil'mama? ...Thanks, i think...Yeah, identity is a great subject 2 ponder on 4 me, i guess cuz mine is so mixed...anyways, looking 4ward 2 reading some of ur posts on the lanten meet blog!

lulu said...

wow!

Lindah said...

Great work!
Tiz ma' first time here...will be back.