Monday, March 16, 2009

the nether-lands

I close my eyes and gaze thru the window.
The clouds sink lower,
Darkness engulfs the light,
Nothing is visible,
Nothing is sight.

The roads r dull,
The grass is damp,
The boots i once wore,
Now ware my soul down.

i take them off,
But my feet lack nature,
So I stand still and prolong my future.

The hurricanes have made bullets of sand,
these pebble r no longer part of this land.
So i stand in a river flow of salty water,
While selfishly,
Soft currents caress my current state.

It rains 2nyt,
Blurry vision so again no sight.
i look to the sky
As the skies tears wash the evil look from within my eyes…
.

2 comments:

Mrs.O said...

"I close my eyes and gaze through the window"

Wow!

eizzy.k said...

seems like you've been going through a rainy season in your life (or at least at the time you wrote this)...there is a common theme of gloomy rain...a common metaphor for hard times...

i sense a strong sense of displacement that i can strangely connect to...
"But my feet lack nature,
So I stand still and prolong my future."
"these pebble r no longer part of this land"
together with it comes confusion hopelessness and distress and bitterness...

Dude what's (what was) goin' on?!

P.S. U posted this on my B'day! how depressing...